Friday, December 09, 2005

My Tenth Birthday

Hi, my name is Gracie Smith and I'm an Australian Shepherd dog. My owner helped me make this blog so you could see how I enjoyed my tenth birthday.


That's an old picture of me, but I thought you might want to see a bit of the Christmas Tree farm where I live.

Today was my tenth birthday, and it was really nice. My protege, Boz, and I had a special breakfast of cube steak, and then we had birthday cupcakes!



That's Boz, looking at me on the floor. He was happy to have cupcake and steak, but I didn't let him try any of my other presents, because he's not worthy.


There's me, with one of the cupcakes on the chair. Once I found it, I ate it, paper cup and all.

I really like soft plushy babies, but babies the squeak really mystify me. My friend Jim gave me a baby for my birthday, but it has so many legs and stuff that I just don't know how to deal with it. So my friend Lindsay gave me a different baby, a soccer ball. It sort of reminded me of the football babies that I had as a puppy. I really loved those. But all babies must come to an end. Specifically, the sort of end where I rip all of the padding out of them in order to get to the squeaker. I love those squeakers! And I've gotten really good at getting the squeakers out of the babies. It only took me one day to get to the squeaker in the soccer ball baby. That monkey still freaks me out, though.



Here's a picture of me with the squeaker. I can carry it around in my mouth for days without hurting it!
My friend Jim just found this store on the web that sells squeakers by themselves. I hope he just buys me some of them; it would save me the effort of pulling it out of a baby!

Here's a photo of me with the squeaker; normally, I carry it in my mouth, but I don't squeak it on purpose! It's too weird when it squeaks. Brrrrrrooof!!



Besides babies and food, I also love tennis balls. I got two new ones for my birthday, and Jim tells me that there are six used ones that he found that he's going to give me after they're washed. Oh boy! Some dogs can carry three or more balls around in their mouths, but I can only carry one.




After reading my birthday card from my friend Brian (thanks, Brian!) and reviewing my birthday presents, I went down to the Christmas tree shed for a while. I've been working on untying everyone's shoelaces down there. I love it! Then I just had to rest.

If you want to see some short movies with Jim giving me my new tennis balls, just click here and here.

What a great day!

Happy Gracie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gracie! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You're a very lucky dog to have friends like you do! I remember when you were a "dreadful" little puppy, and you came to my house and peed on the floor!!! You were awfully cute, though....... You're a good dog! We love you, (and your co-hort Boz)

GRAAAAAAAAAAAACIEEEEEE

Love mary & Jon

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Grrrrrrrrracie--

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sending the link to your blog--heh, heh, a dog-bolg. The pics were fun to look at, okay, well, they probably would be fun to look at if I could get a handle on that 2-D thing. My family enjoyed seeing Boz and you after such a long time, so I figured it was a wagging occasion.

We've been pretty busy here: it snowed, it's been so cold there's ice on my kiddie pool, I had to supervise Brian in the hottub, something moved in the woods, food got dropped in the kitchen, it just goes on and on. 'Not too different from Ranch Security, eh?

So, I've got a little last-minute gift for you, in case you have a deep desire to carry more than one tennis ball at a time.

It's easy. (I tried to insert a picture here, but couldn't figure it out--more 2-D/opposable thumb discrimination.)

Anyway, the trick is to have your people like, say, your friend Jim who waves your birthday tennis balls over your head just out of reach, have him put three tennis balls in the clear plastic tube that the balls can be bought in, (you can see 'em, but ya can't taste 'em.)

After he snaps the lid on, it's a piece of cake to carry the container and voilá! you're carrying not one, not two, but three tennis balls at once! Wow your friends, but don't tell the secret.

Have a grrrreat rest of your birthday!

Your friend,

Ginger Blackspot Powers and family

P.S. You can share "the secret" with Boz if you want.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Happy Birthday, Gracie! I love you even though you sometimes need to be reminded that I'm a human and you're a dog.

You're a good, good girl.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Gracie,

Let me put this as simply as I can: Woof! Woof! Woof! Yipyipyipyip! Owooooooooooo!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rank Roo, Baborrrr!

Owoooooooooooooo! huhuhuh...

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home